Links of interest!


The vast majority of jobs are advertised online. These are the most used pages for job search, here it can give you an idea about the trades in which you can work in Australia.

Some Recommendations:
You have the right to work 20 hours while you study and in vacation period 40 hours.
As soon as you improve your English the opportunities to work in professional areas increase.
When you still do not have a sufficient level you can apply to jobs such as shops, hotels, construction, cleaning, babysitters, cafes, etc. which will give you an additional income to offset your expenses.
Remember that the most important thing is your studies and if you graduate academically the possibilities of improving your type of work and placing yourself at a professional level will increase significantly.

English testing organisations

Academic institutions in Australia establish their own English language requirements for admission to the course they wish to apply. There are different types of certificates or exams that can be done to assess a person’s level of English. The most common in Australia are:

IELTS: is the most used English exam in the world for migration and higher education. It is designed to assess the level of proficiency in language skills at all levels (listening, reading, writing and speaking) and results are expressed on a scale of proficiency levels, ranging from 0 (the lowest minimum, up to 9 (the highest).

It is usually indicated for people who are going to pursue university or postgraduate studies, and it is also used by many official colleges and other professional bodies as a reliable proof of English level. Like all ESOL exams, it is recommended to renew every 2 years.

CAMBRIDGE: Certificate of English language world-wide recognised by a multitude of University institutions and companies. Unlike IELTS, the CAMBRIDGE has the particularity that it handles different levels and there is a specific exam for each level of English.

What certificates can we obtain?

· KET (Key English Test): basic level degree that demonstrates that you can use English to communicate in simple situations. Equivalent to a level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)

· PET (Preliminary English Test): intermediate level title that shows that you are able to use English language skills to work, study and travel. Equivalent to a level B1 of the CEFR.

· FCE (First Certificate in English): high intermediate level degree that demonstrates that you can use everyday English both written and spoken for work or educational purposes. Equivalent to a level B2 of the CEFR.

· CAE (Certificate of Advanced English): advanced level degree that shows that the student has the necessary linguistic competence to carry out complex investigations and communicate effectively in the professional field. Equivalent to a C1 level of the CEFR.

· CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English): Cambridge ESOL Examinations more advanced level qualification that shows that the candidate has an exceptional command of English. Equivalent to a level C2 of the CEFR.

PEARSON TEST OF ENGLISH (PTE): computer English test designed for students who wish to study in an English-speaking environment. It is accepted by all Australian universities, as well as by professional associations and state government departments.

WhatsApp chat